General Assignment Classrooms
Facilities Management is responsible for the maintenance and upgrades to all General Assignment (GA) Classrooms. This includes painting, seating, flooring and other furnishings for the classroom.
- Determination: All GA classrooms have been and continue to be inspected for safety, upgrades in technology, lighting, flooring and seating areas. If upgrades are needed, preliminary estimates and requests for funding are made.
- Project Scheduling: Renovation and upgrades to GA classrooms are scheduled during the summer session to lessen the impact of the normal academic year. The GA Classroom Project Manager works with the Registrar's office to pull the classroom off of the availability list for the time of the renovation.
- On-going Maintenance: All departments that utilize GA classrooms are encouraged to report any missing or broken items such as easels, chalk, damage to white boards, lights out and broken tablet arms on the seats. Please call the Trouble Call Center at (310) 825-9236.
- Instruction technology: All media and audio visual services to the GA Classrooms are provided by the Office of Instructional Development. For assistance, call the AVS Helpdesk at (310) 206-6597.
- Classroom usage: All GA Classroom assignments for academic programs are handled through the Registrar's Office. Venue scheduling for special events may be directed to the Campus Events Office.